Monday 4 April 2011

Ware on trend - are you?

Also while I was in leeds, I just had to pop into Warehouse and I must say, for me, they are the only high street brand getting it so right this Spring/Summer! I have always championed the brand after being a sales advisor for them for a few years but I still love everything about them!

Easily seeing designer inspiration in their collections from Erdem to Chloe, Warehouse still manages to put their own spin on eclectic pieces through use of luxurious material and beautiful silhouettes. I was immediately drawn to the florals - with the clashing trend taking centre stage. I fell in love with the floral printed jacket (as seen below) and the patterened trousers - not for the faint hearted but such a style statement. I've combined these pieces in a daring manner which works as the vivid colours blend well together. A feminine blouse keeps the styling elegent.




I couldn't help but notice the gorgeous white maxi dress (as seen below) The billowing sleeves capture the essence of 2011's romanticism perfectly and the beautiful detailing of embroidery make this an utterly timeless wardrobe staple. Why not give it an edge and team with a denim patchwork waistcoat and leopard print belt to add another element of texture?





The only let down for me were the window displays which featured cardboard cut outs of flowers and a few mannequins dressed to 'brights'. Such a shame as Warehouse could have used this to their advantage and dressed with their stunning floral range - clashing patterns and texture to make a thorough style statement. Aside from this, merchandising instore was to a high standard - and I adored the press images displayed in frames on shelves. Warehouse are my number one; such a retail cultural icon <3


(Images taken from www.warehouse.co.uk Puchases can be made online)

No comments:

Post a Comment