Sunday 1 May 2011

Vintage Hunt

A truly fashion filled weekend; first we have all of the fashion shenanigans of the Royal Wedding (THAT dress!!) then I attended the city of Hull's Fashion Week where there were catwalks gallore and more vintage stalls than you could shake a stick at!

My first purchase was this gorgeous printed silk maxi dress from a vintage stall named The Magpie's Den. The vivid green and purple floral pattern first caught my eye - I love the 60's hippy feel of the dress!



Obviously still in Royal Wedding mode, my next vntage find was a beautiful wedding dress with ornate rose detailing. According to the local newspaper, an annonymous donation of several perfect conditioned wedding gowns had been left with the Dove Hospice charity and this was one of those gems! Unfortunately, I'm not getting married so I had to leave this beauty behind:



Thanks to my mum being a bit of a hoarder, whilst rooting through her old vintage trunk I came across this unusual tan leather bag with flower imprint. I love the twisted leather detailing on the outline of the bag:


2 comments:

  1. That maxi is gorgeous and will look perfect with the bag... I'm sure your Mum won't notice if you 'borrow' it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is amazing.

    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete