Friday 2 December 2011

Vintage Shopping in London...

One of my favourite past times is vintage shopping and thrifting! It has been quiet some time since I have posted my finds up on my blog but now I am living in London (THE place to get all the best vintage pieces!) I am hoping to be writing many more blog posts on my favourite subject matter!

I attended a vintage fair at Clerkenwell last weekend and bought my first London purchase - this printed maxi shirt dress. I adore the autumnal colour stripes and can't wait to pair it with some cute little ankle boots for the winter season!

Vintage maxi shirt dress £18
Clerkenwell Vintage Fair

70's style shirt dress...

Mixture of spots and stripes makes this dress unique and unusual...

Today I explored Brick Lane and found so many vintage shops! I am quiet suprised I only came away with this item, but my new shopping theory is unless I can't live without it I shouldn't buy it!!

I came across the hugely popular This Shop Rocks on Brick Lane and it does exactly what it says on the tin - it rocks!! And the best part of the shop? The 'Everything £10 and under' section in the basement! One customer found an amazing 1920's style pale pink coat in immaculate condition for £10! Being attracted to print and 70's style clothing, I discovered this little gem:

Boho maxi dress £10
This Shop Rocks

Multicoloured stripes make a 'wow' statement...

It may be a little wacky and over the top for some, but its the whole boho look that I love and the multi coloured stripes really make a statement! I'll be teaming it with a chunky knitted cardigan (vintage!) for now and then with beaded sandals and millions of bangles for the summer!

Stone detail necklace £2
Primark

Completely addicted to jewellery and necklaces in particular, I spied this one in Primark! Long and hippy inspired, this quirky piece just had to be added to my increasing collection of all things shiny!

Aztec Blanket Cape £10
Primark

Aztec prints are everywhere this season and the blanket cape has been a key piece to update your winter wardrobe. For just £10 Primark's take on the staple item is divine! It can be worn as a cape, an extra long scarf or as a wrap around to snuggle into on those cold winter mornings!

Happy Shopping
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. hey, i found your blog on the affordable vintage fairs blog...i lovee it (:

    ...i was wondering if you would be interested in reviewing my little business?

    http://www.facebook.com/farahs.fabulousvintage

    ...would love to hear from you (: ....farah x

    ReplyDelete