Sunday 25 March 2012

River Island: The Go-To High Street Store for Festival Chic....

Like many other Londoners, this morning I spent the majority (a full 1 hour and 47 minutes to be exact) attempting to get tickets to the most sought-after free festival of the summer: Hackney Weekend courtesy of Radio 1. Amid the ticket reservation website crashing, phone lines being cut off and repeated 'refresh/rediall' synchronising (I'm sure I have repetitive strain injury now!) I managed to secure tickets for the Saturday. Queue Florence and the Machine (what will she be wearing?!) Example (swoooonnn!!) and the ultimate performance of the day from Jay-Z, I can't flipping wait! So is it so wrong that I'm already planning my Hackney Weekend wardrobe?

I'm on the hunt for denim, fringing, feathers and a bit of leather to take my style from festival folly to a witty weekender! I'm looking for pieces that will not only help me stand out from the crowd but be suitable for a week's holiday in Ibiza that will follow on from the festival (it's going to be a mad but brilliant weekend!) So I'm turning to River Island who, at their SS12 Press Event, wowed me with their bohemian influenced collections that oozed grunge-chic and rock glamour!

Outfit 1

How beautiful is this bead and sequin long line waistcoat?! It's simply gorgeous and totally channels the more glamorous side to a festival goers style. I need this in my life ♥

Waistcoat
River Island
£60
 What better occasion to wear a rock 'n' roll style tee? I really like the distressed feel to this Sound and Vision one from River Island. Tucked into a pair of denim cut-offs = perfect festival styling!

Tee
River Island
£15

Denim cut-offs are the ultimate wardrobe staple for the summer. The frayed bottoms add an elemental edge to a basic piece.
Shorts
River Island
£25
 I adore this jewelled belt sure to add a bit of glitz to your festival-grunge attire. Wear it slung loosely around the hips for a totally casual trait.
Belt
River Island
£25
 As I said at the beginning of this post, I can't resist a bit of fringing for the summer and this bag ticks all of the high season boxes! In a lush coral colour (tick!) the twisted leather frame (tick!) adds an interesting detail to a practical cross body bag (tick!).

Bag
River Island
£35
 I LOVE these boots! I don't know if it's the beaded ikat design or the oh-so-comfortable-in-suede material but these have been added to my festival wardrobe list! The fact they are flat will ensure comfort from day to night, leaving you free to party away without worrying about your tootsies - the perfect purchase!
Boots
River Island
£40


Outfit 2

River Island are doing some amazingly detailed pieces at the moment all focused around intricate beading and sequins. This vest in a stunning lemon yellow colour would be the perfect addition to your summer wardrobe. Whether you want to dress it up in the evening or down during the day with a pair of shorts or midi skirt, it would be a fab investment addition to your wardrobe.

Vest
River Island
£40
 An updated twist to last year's long standing maxi skirt trend, with a high-low hem. The colour makes a great base to add some neon or rainbow brights to ensure you stand out from the crowd!

Maxi Skirt
River Island
£22
 How cool is this headband from River Island? The studded top will add a rock n roll edge to any outfit whether it's a pretty day time dress or indie-inspired combo!

Headband
River Island
£25
 Beyonce wore some sandals similar to this last year at Glastonbury! I'm loving the miss-match of print and beaded detailing.
Sandals
River Island
£45
Outfit 3

A maxi dress remains a firm favourite on the wardrobe staple list for high summer. A print clash effect on this one from River Island gives a 2012 spin on the classic shape taking inspiration from designers such as Mary Katrantzou and Peter Pilotto.

Maxi Dress
River Island
£35
 Feathers are the ultimate festival accessory- try out the trend with these cute feather earrings with an ikat print.
Earrings
River Island
£5
 I ♥ this Navajo and ikat printed clutch. A clutch is the perfect bag to take to a festival as it is compact enough to not get in the way yet has the ability to store all those essentials such as a good camera for all of your style and celeb spots!
Clutch
River Island
£28
 How adorable are these pumps? The Indian-inspired detailing is simply chic yet the pump-style makes for a comfortable partying session!
Pump
River Island
£30
Do you like my three outfit choices for the festival season so far? Which is your favourite? I'm loving outfit number one, although I would like to add all of the products to my summer wish list!

Happy Shopping!
xoxo


All images courtesy of River Island

Shop Online at www.riverisland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment