Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pay Day High Street Picks...

Finally Pay Day has arrived and what better way to celebrate than with a good shopping spree! (I mean, come on, we all thoroughly deserve it...) For those who follow me on Twitter, you will know I am on the countdown to Ibiza at the end of June so this months wages will (or should!) be spent on holiday must-haves. Hunting the high street this week, I seem to be drawn to anything black, white and a little bit grungey! Whether I'm simply rebelling against the glorious weather or releasing my inner rock chick ready for the month's festivals (Hackney Weekend and Lovebox anyone?!) here are my Pay Day Picks; prepare for a dark one!

With the Queen's Jubilee this weekend the shops are full of British-inspired pieces! But forget the Spice Girl Union Jack dress - I'm all for a bit of controversy! That's why I LOVE this tee from www.punkrockshop.co.uk repeating the classic Sex Pistols "God Save the Queen" record cover!

Tee
www.punkrockshop.co.uk
£15.99

I have still yet to find a bikini for Ibiza! I'm not one for spending £30 plus on just the top and paying for the bottoms separately (WHY does the high street do this?!) but when George at Asda does one so cute and cheap, who am I to say no!? It's officially added to the Ibiza shopping list!
Bikini Top
George at Asda
£2.50

Bikini Bottoms
George at Asda
£2.50

I had never really heard of Miss Guided until Lara Lain from Look magazine introduced me to the brand via Twitter! (Follow her here) I saw her wearing a similar pair of trousers to a fashion event and just HAD to know where they were from! Cool, eh? I'll be teaming mine with a rock n roll tee! Peace!

Peace Print Leggings
www.missguided.co.uk
£9.99

Following on with the rock/grunge trend I seem to be channelling (summer, who?!) I need this tee from H&M in my life! Sporting the logos of one of the greatest rock albums ever - need I say any more?
Graphic Tee
H&M
£9.99

Animal print is slowly becoming a bit of an obsession for me at the moment no thanks to Warehouse and their iconic printed pieces! I like how this dress has a lovely feminine shape which is still sexy with an edge. I'll be adding red lips when I wear mine...

Animal Print Halter Dress
Warehouse
£40

And just to prove I'm not all dark and dingy for the summer season, I've added this lush kimono from River Island with a lovely bright floral print! Perfect for a pre-lunch cover up for Ibiza, right? Add it to your summer wishlist now! I just have...

Print Kimono
River Island
£35

Happy Pay Day Shopping
xoxo


All images taken from brand websites

Shop Online at:



No comments:

Post a Comment